At Loomis—Pay, we ensure restaurants and retail businesses never miss a sale. Our all-in-one payment solution for shops, cafés, and restaurants offers simple, efficient sales and deep business insights, so merchants can focus on serving their customers and growing their business.
We are an ambitious startup, funded by Loomis Group, with teams based in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and Lodz. Our 60+ person team has decades of payments experience which has helped us quickly establish ourselves in the industry since our launch in 2020. We work hard to make sure every employee is given the freedom, tools, trust, and support to do the best work of their careers from wherever they thrive, so our office policy is remote-first.
About the Role
Merchants are at the heart of everything we build. Our design team’s mission is to make Loomis—Pay the best customer experience in the in-store payments industry. We accomplish this by deeply understanding merchants and their customers’ needs and building products that deliver a modern, efficient, and professional payment experience. You’ll support a diverse set of products including: point of sale software on desktop and mobile devices, business management in our merchant administration portal, data visualisation and reporting, emails, invoices, receipts, and internal support tools.
You’ll be involved in every step of the product development process, from early ideation with product managers and user researchers through to close collaboration with engineers and support to ensure products are shipped at the highest quality. We’re small but mighty, and we work to empower all of our design team to become experts in what interests you by offering challenging and rewarding work opportunities, mentorship and coaching, and a plentiful education budget in a supportive environment.
What you'll do
In your first 30 days you can expect to:
- Get to know the company & people
- Immerse yourself in the merchant experience and payments industry
- Get hands on with the existing product experience
In your first 60 days you can expect to:
- Create your first customer-centric designs by using data, market analysis, and merchant feedback
- Participate in design fourms to help other designers improve their designs
- Work with a top-notch engineering team to implement solutions based on your design
In your first 90 days you can expect to:
- Participate in planning and ideation sessions for new features and projects with PMs, engineering, and researchers
- Use and contribute to our design system
- Track the success of your projects and advocate for refinements and improvements
What you've done
- You have experience as a product or UX//UI designer working in a collaborative cross-functional team
- Produced high-quality UI designs for web and mobile
- Fluency in best practices for user-centered product design processes, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and technique
- You’re a self-starter, eager learner, conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human
- Comfortable using Figma and Figma components
- Experience designing data heavy products
- Fintech/payment industry experience
- French or Spanish fluency
What's in it for you?
- 42 000+ SEK (€4000+) minimum monthly salary
- Generous benefits, education budget, and pension packages
- A team of down to earth people who are really good at what they do
- An exciting product in an early stage and a chance to have a huge impact on what is being built
- A company that believes in the value of design and good customer experience
- A small, growing company where you can help shape the organisation, processes, culture - as well as your own role
- An international, remote-first work environment (Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam)
Be prepared to present a portfolio showcasing your past work and processes, including prototypes or detailed flows, for complex web and mobile applications.
If this sounds interesting, apply now!